This casserole will be filled with all you love concerning the traditional, custard-soaked French toast from your stovetop, but will go big to give food to a masses and includes a nice, summery twist. It will get a double dosage of berries, with bursts of comfortable strawberry jam in the guts and shiny macerated berries at the top, and melty nuggets of lotion cheese spread throughout.
It’s nice and well-balanced, standing up firmly in breakfast time territory, but if you want to best it with new whipped cream or perhaps a scoop of vanilla snow cream and existing it as dessert, I assure no one in the table will subject.
Strawberries and Lotion People from france Toast Casserole
8 to 10
50 moments to 55 minutes
For that macerated strawberries:
- 1 lb strawberries (1 pint), hulled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon newly squeezed lemon juice
- For that casserole:
- 1 loaf challah or brioche breads (about 16 oz .), cut into 1-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 8 oz . cold cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 mug strawberry jam, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 mug granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugars, for serving
- Create the macerated strawberries:
- Place all of the ingredients in a big bowl and mix well until mixed as well as the berries are equally coated. Protect and refrigerate for at the very least half an hour or around overnight.
- Create the casserole:
- Arrange a rack in the center of the stove and warmth to 350°F. Distribute the breads cubes in one layer on the rimmed cooking sheet. Toast until dried out and very gently golden-brown, about ten minutes. Reserve to cool somewhat.
- Coating a 9×13-in . or 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Include 1 / 2 of the bread towards the baking meal and distribute into a straight coating. Arrange the cubes of lotion cheese evenly on the layer of breads. Using a little spoon, dollop fifty percent the jam equally over the breads. Arrange the rest of the bread within an even layer on the jam.
- Spot the eggs, half-and-half, sugars, vanilla, and sodium in a big dish and whisk until completely combined. Pour equally over the breads, then gently push down together with your hands to be sure all the bread will get saturated. Dollop the rest of the jam evenly outrageous from the casserole.
- Cover the cooking meal and refrigerate for at the very least one hour or around overnight.
- When prepared to bake, set up a rack in the center of the stove and warmth to 350°F. Take away the baking dish from your refrigerator and allow it sit as the oven is heating system.
- Uncover and bake before casserole is defined, puffed, and the very best will be golden-brown, 40 to 45 moments. Reserve to amazing for at the very least 5 minutes. Before serving, mix the macerated strawberries and equally spoon outrageous from the casserole. Dirt with powdered sugars and serve comfortable.
Make forward: The casserole could be assembled around 1 day beforehand, covered, and saved in the fridge until prepared to cook. The macerated strawberries could be prepared and saved in a protected container within the refrigerator around 1 day beforehand.
Storage space: Leftovers could be stored within an airtight container within the refrigerator for 3 days.
This recipe and image adapted from :https://www.thekitchn.com